I've just staggered home from a preview of the new Lucas Museum of Narrative Art in Los Angeles, which is scheduled to open to the public on September 22. Within the first 15 minutes I was weak in the knees, and I still had an hour and 45 minutes to go.
The Lucas collection on display is absolutely staggering. It contains huge galleries of some of the best work by Maxfield Parrish, Norman Rockwell, N.C. Wyeth and many others. Here are some of my favorites from the Parrish gallery:
Here is the main Rockwell gallery, although there are other examples of his work scattered throughout the museum:
The museum owns works by Alphone Mucha, Leyendecker, N.C. Wyeth and many, many other famous narrative artists.
![]() |
| N,C. Wyeth |
Alphonse Mucja
The museum is quote extraordinary and I highly recommend it. to anyone with an ontereest











No comments:
Post a Comment